Information for Authors
Submission Information –
This publication is a hybrid journal, giving authors the choice of making their article freely accessible to users by paying an open access Article Processing Charge (APC- US $2,345), or choosing traditional article publication, allowing access to users through subscription and other purchasing options.
Some Institutions offer assistance for open access funding. Check our Institutional partners list to see if yours is one.
For any questions regarding IEEE open access policies, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions on open access.
REQUIREMENTS FOR FINAL ACCEPTANCE
Please read the guidelines carefully
The final version of your manuscript must comply with IEEE Periodicals requirements for text and graphics processing. Please submit all final files through the “awaiting final files” queue in your author center on Manuscript Central. Please make sure your final package is correct and complete upon submission. Once you have completed the submission of your final files you will not be able to make changes until you have received page proofs from the IEEE.
**Please do not send ANY items via email, regular mail, or fax, as they will not be processed if you do**
During the final submission process, please make sure all data in steps 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 are correct and complete. When this is confirmed, please upload:
- A 150-200 word “managerial relevance statement” to clearly state the paper’s expected contribution to practice, if the paper does not already have one. This should be designated as a supplemental file during the upload process. To the extent possible, it should provide practical insights and advice for engineering managers based on your study.
- A Latex or Microsoft Word application file. This should include keywords/index terms, abstract, and biographies and photos if you are including them. Please place keywords/index terms at the beginning of your manuscript, after the title but before the abstract. The abstract of your paper should be about 200-250 words. Failure to submit a source file may result in publishing delays.
- A pdf of your entire manuscript. A pdf is NOT sufficient for publication. Please make sure to submit the source file detailed in step 2.
- If your figures are not embedded in the source file of your manuscript, you will also need to upload separate figure files. The acceptable formats are Word, eps, ps, tiff, ppt and excel. We do NOT accept png or jpeg files for figures.
- Biosketches and photos of all authors. Biosketches should be uploaded at the same time as the other final files, if you plan to include them. These can be included at the end of your Microsoft Word or Latex source file, or submitted as a separate upload. For author photos jpeg files are accepted.
- Including author bios and pictures, and with the conversion to final print format, the complete paper should be no longer than 14 formatted pages. Please make sure to check the number of pages in the page proof, for if they exceed 14 pages, you will incur a mandatory overlength page charge of $200 per additional page. By submitting your final files through Manuscript Central, you are acknowledging and agreeing to any applicable page charges this paper may incur. Overlength page charges are mandatory and are not negotiable. If you have any questions about these charges, please contact the journal administrator prior to submitting your files.
*Please make sure that all files have unique file names in order for them to export successfully to IEEE*
IEEE has moved to an all-electronic copyright submission system. Once you have submitted your final files, a link titled “transfer copyright” will appear in the “manuscripts with decisions” queue in your author center.
Your prompt action will ensure your paper to be published quickly in IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management. When your galley proofs are ready, you will receive an e-mail notification and instructions from the IEEE Production Unit.
You can download IEEE copyright form and sample of biography form by clicking on the file links at the bottom of this page.
Guidelines For Review
Please read the guidelines carefully
You must provide your review within the FOUR week timeline. If you are unable to complete your review within the requested time, please contact us right away and suggest potential alternate reviewers if possible. Thank you very much.
Please do NOT provide information in your review that reveals your identity and do not seek to discover the identity of the authors. This protects the integrity of the “double-blind” review process.
Please use the guidelines for authors that describe the journal’s philosophy and purpose as a reference for your review.
Please write your review on a word processor. You will need this format for electronic submission of your reviews.
It is the policy of IEEE to own the copyright to the technical contributions it publishes on behalf of the interests of the IEEE, its authors, and their employees, and to facilitate the appropriate reuse of this material by others. To comply with the U.S. Copyright law, authors are required to sign the IEEE copyright transfer form before publication. This form returns to authors and their employees full rights to reuse their material for their own purposes.
Artificial intelligence (AI)–generated text
The use of artificial intelligence (AI)–generated text in an article shall be disclosed in the acknowledgements section of any paper submitted to an IEEE Conference or Periodical. The sections of the paper that use AI-generated text shall have a citation to the AI system used to generate the text.
Please view sample article here