REQUIREMENTS FOR FINAL ACCEPTANCE
Please read the guidelines carefully
The final version of your manuscript must comply with IEEE Periodicals requirements for text and graphics processing. Please submit all final files through the “awaiting final files” queue in your author center on Manuscript Central. Please make sure your final package is correct and complete upon submission. Once you have completed the submission of your final files you will not be able to make changes until you have received page proofs from the IEEE.
**Please do not send ANY items via email, regular mail, or fax, as they will not be processed if you do**
During the final submission process, please make sure all data in steps 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 are correct and complete. When this is confirmed, please upload:
1) A 150-200 word “managerial relevance statement” to clearly state the paper’s expected contribution to practice, if the paper does not already have one. This should be designated as a supplemental file during the upload process. To the extent possible, it should provide practical insights and advice for engineering managers based on your study.
2) A Latex or Microsoft Word application file. This should include keywords/index terms, abstract, and biographies and photos if you are including them. Please place keywords/index terms at the beginning of your manuscript, after the title but before the abstract. The abstract of your paper should be about 200-250 words.
Failure to submit a source file may result in publishing delays.
3) A pdf of your entire manuscript. A pdf is NOT sufficient for publication. Please make sure to submit the source file detailed in step 2.
4) If your figures are not embedded in the source file of your manuscript, you will also need to upload separate figure files. The acceptable formats are Word, eps, ps, tiff, ppt and excel. We do NOT accept png or jpeg files for figures.
5) Biosketches and photos of all authors. Biosketches should be uploaded at the same time as the other final files, if you plan to include them. These can be included at the end of your Microsoft Word or Latex source file, or submitted as a separate upload. For author photos jpeg files are accepted.
6) Including author bios and pictures, and with the conversion to final print format, the complete paper should be no longer than 14 formatted pages. Please make sure to check the number of pages in the page proof, for if they exceed 14 pages, you will incur a mandatory overlength page charge of $200 per additional page. By submitting your final files through Manuscript Central, you are acknowledging and agreeing to any applicable page charges this paper may incur. Overlength page charges are mandatory and are not negotiable. If you have any questions about these charges, please contact the journal administrator prior to submitting your files.
*Please make sure that all files have unique file names in order for them to export successfully to IEEE*
IEEE has moved to an all electronic copyright submission system. Once you have submitted your final files, a link titled “transfer copyright” will appear in the “manuscripts with decisions” queue in your author center.
Your prompt action will ensure your paper to be published quickly in IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management. When your galley proofs are ready, you will receive an e-mail notification and instructions from the IEEE Production Unit.
You can download IEEE copyright form and sample of biography form by clicking on the file links at the bottom of this page.
Your prompt action will ensure your paper to be published quickly in IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management. Please send the above materials to
Dr. Rajiv Sabherwal
College of Business Administration – 206 Computer Center Building
University of Missouri – St. Louis
1 University Bulevard,
St. Louis, MO 63121 USA
Phone: +1 314-516-6490
Fax: +1 314-516-6827